The Nominating Committee is responsible for composing a slate of nominations to:
- populate all the committees of Faculty Council
- elect Senators to serve on Schulich allocated positions in the York University Senate, and
- elect faculty representatives for Schulich designated positions on the Senate’s committees as mandated by the Senate
The Committee follows specific instructions, as approved from time to time by the Faculty Council in constructing the slate of nominations. In composing the slate of nominations, the Committee consults widely with many stakeholders including the Dean and Associate Deans, the Program Directors, and the Faculty at large. The Committee also invites input from the students through the two designated student members. The slate is presented to Council as a motion for approval during the Council’s last session of the academic year, normally in June. As necessary throughout the year, updates and modifications are presented.
- Chair, Elected by faculty council
- 2 Faculty members
- The GBC president or designate
- The UBC president or designate
Quorum: Quorum is not strictly applicable to the operation of this committee. The committee does not normally employ voting procedures in its deliberations and does not conduct formal meetings. Its work is conducted collaboratively and through consensus. In case a vote is necessary, a simple majority of those present suffices.
Meeting Schedule/Typical Frequency of Meetings: At the call of the Chair.
Chair: Prof. James Darroch, Policy
Support: Nicola Jagdeosingh, Office of the AD Academic